Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pyle book for sale

It is listed on CMP forum. great price. NOT MINE

Billy Pyle died last weekend if any members did not know, his "Garand Stand Report" newsletter are a excellent source of information plus the line drawings by Charles Redfield (many are actual size).

Also do not forget his book "The Gas Trap Garand"

Comment

Charles Redfield lives in NJ. saw him many times at local Gun show. Been to his house also.

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
        Billy Pyle died last weekend if any members did not know, his "Garand Stand Report" newsletter are a excellent source of information plus the line drawings by Charles Redfield (many are actual size).

Also do not forget his book "The Gas Trap Garand"
        Aw no that's such a shame!

Scott

Comment

I knew Billy Pyle for a very long time, he use to sell early M1 parts in the old "Shotgun News" and I remember buying flush nuts for $25.00 each from him. We started corresponding about M1 rifles and when he started his newsletter "The Garand Stand Report", I would look for interesting photos and parts for him. One time he needed a 22/30-06 cartridge to complete a loaded en bloc clip and I sent him one. Billy was the person that told me about the Wisconsin barn that had all the WW2 stocks and it took me awhile, but I got some of them. Besides M1 no trap stocks, there was very early M1 carbine stocks in excellent condition too. I have a signed copy of his book

Comment

Working...
          X