Very interesting Winchester early parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting Winchester early parts

Buttplate and oprod.are early. How about that rear site??? Barrel certainly is different! https://www.gunbroker.com/item/944154299

Somewhere around $800 to $900 might be worth your time to complete it

butt plate was Cental/south American aftermarket replacement from years ago, not worth much. Hope the rear sight sight pinion was not damaged by the "improvements" still can not read the barrel markings

Comment

It was a welded receiver and a welded together barrel. 1/2 SA M1 barrel and 1/2 03a3 barrel. It is a Frenkengun! with a very few early worthwhile parts SA 2 oprod. That is about all. NOT my rifle.

Comment

Another question, I have a friend that bought a really nice M1D complete with scope at a gun show. He had it about eight months when someone noticed the receiver had been a demill that was put together. really nice job of welding but still not an original. he contacted the seller who refused to refund his purchase stating he (the seller) had no knowledge the rifle was a restored demill.

Do you think there is any way to recover the funds spent ?

Comment

He could try small claims court. Cash sale? At a gun show? No DOCS? Waste of time. Buyer beware!

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
            Another question, I have a friend that bought a really nice M1D complete with scope at a gun show. He had it about eight months when someone noticed the receiver had been a demill that was put together. really nice job of welding but still not an original. he contacted the seller who refused to refund his purchase stating he (the seller) had no knowledge the rifle was a restored demill.

Do you think there is any way to recover the funds spent ?
            About the only thing he could do is part it out. Some rifles are worth more parted.

Comment

Working...
            X