interesting serial numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting serial numbers

I have the following serial numbers collected over the years, can anyone add additional information ?

48163 rev 2 heat lot C1IA rebuilt SA 11-51 bbl
    48178 rev 2 heat lot C1IA rebuilt SA 3-45 bbl
    48304 gas trap barrel D-28286 bbl heat lot C-I-2-A
    48670 rev 2 heat lot C1IA
    48735 rev 1 letter A under serial number low ribs
    48776 rev 2 heat lot C1IA rebuilt SA 5-45 bbl

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1713.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	3.71 MB
ID:	36808 It's fascinating you managed to get them all so close together. I picked up 36845 from the TMP yesterday. What else is there to know about them apart from their being former gas trap rifles?
    Sorry Mr. President, the people we defeated in WW2 were not "fine people," and America's war dead are not "suckers" and "losers."

Comment

Check and look for the low guide ribs, would be rare to find now. Receiver is revision 1

photo show 41K receiver with low guide ribs Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010034_0032.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	154.9 KB
ID:	36815

Comment

My 36xxx does not have the sloped or wide guide ribs and it doesn't look like there is a weld. However, I thought that they had the problem in serial numbers well after 36xxx. Is that not true?
        Sorry Mr. President, the people we defeated in WW2 were not "fine people," and America's war dead are not "suckers" and "losers."

Comment

It is not really the serial numbers - it is the revision number: about 99% of all the no revision number and revision 1 receivers have the low guide ribs. The revision 2 on up were manufactured with high guide ribs except for some overlap of a few examples

Late gas trap rifles used revision 2 receivers manufactured with high guide ribs

Comment

Here are photos of mine. It doesn't look like there is a weld but I'm told there is.

- Are rifles marked with revision numbers?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/45xQiMJFs3nfsHjPA

Comment

Your 36K receiver has been repaired

Comment

Thank you. I have seen some photos online of modified receivers where the welds were very visible, so I didn't think mine had been repaired. Someone did some nice work.

Are there revision numbers on the receiver?

Originally posted by RCS View Post
                Your 36K receiver has been repaired

Comment

Your receiver drawing number is D 28291 - 1 the dash 1 is the revision number

Comment

Working...
                  X