Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flush nut site

SOLD I put one up on CMP.
    Last edited by 1563621; 06-23-2022, 02:00 AM.

It was something rare to happen - but once in awhile a collector would find an extra "flush nut" imbedded inside the M1 rifle stock. Most were SA GHS stocks and maybe a few Lend lease stocks too. Scott Duff wrote about this too. This was done in case the original flush nut was lost in the field.

Comment

Be nice to find!

Comment

• RCS
        RCS commented
        Editing a comment
        you would lucky just to find a well used SA GHS stock now - always a rare stock to find in nice condition without fake markings

I seen a “semi-reproduction” flush nut sight on eBay. Would this be worth the price to put on a mid 1940 Garand? I can’t find an original, and probably couldn’t afford it if I could.
      Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comment

whats a semi reproduction? Its either fake or it isnt

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando View Post
          whats a semi reproduction? Its either fake or it isnt
          I saw the sight on ebay. According to the seller he claims the base is USGI. The rest is probably a chinese repo. I guess the seller thinks that's a semi-reproduction.

Danno, the quality of chinese reproduction parts is questionable. Completely correcting a 1940 garand with USGI parts will be very expensive. It's your rifle you can do what you want to. Just don't pass off the flush nut sights as genuine.
          Looking for SA bayonet 1045220

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I sent a message and the seller states that he took the knobs on a travel, but they were in a sealed package from ammogarand. The pinion was from an old wwII vets gun shop.
            I think I’ll pass on this and save lots of Nickles and dimes and see what comes up in the future.
            again, thanks!!
            Danno

Comment

I looked that one up. Very poor quality.

Comment

Working...
              X