Ever Seen A Unicorn in the Wild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever Seen A Unicorn in the Wild?

Met up with a friend I've spoken with for years but never actually meting person yesterday. I was heading to a Militaria trip in Coventry and thought that I may as well do the extra 300 miles and go see him!

He has always mentioned his very rare WB stock which he got on a Deactivated (demilled) M1 Garand years ago.

Well...what do you guys think? It has been modified for a hinged plate but only at the hole area. The No Trap plate is mine so we put them together as it should be!

As you can see it fits perfectly and the stock is immaculate except for a tiny rack number Stamped on the top area close to the very rear of the buttplate. Other than this it is in unissued condition.

The stock also came tk my friend with a WRA Milled Stock Ferrule and WRA Sling Swivel.

Scott

Second lot of pics.

Scott

Comment

Outstanding !!!
      Looking for SA bayonet 1045220

Comment

Very nice Scott!

Comment

Doesn;t get much better than that!!!

Comment

Scott, It is very rare to find a cartouched no trap WRA WB anywhere in the USA or UK. Even if you find a Winchester no trap stock without a cartouche you can still tell the difference between a WRA RS and WRA WB by the trigger guard recess and the pistol grip profile. The WRA RS is like the SA SPG no trap with two equal size holes in the butt. main difference is the angle in the barrel channel. The first short lived WRA WB stock had the double box cartouche than the WRA WB cartouche like your stock. The last WRA WB stock was factory machined for the trapdoor buttplate and this last variation is not common to find. Here are some photos of the last variation with trapdoor buttplate Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010048_0034.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	35904 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010047_0033.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	35905 Last photo shows rebuild/modified WRA WB stocks with one original WRA WB Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010011_0009.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	35906

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
              Scott, It is very rare to find a cartouched no trap WRA WB anywhere in the USA or UK. Even if you find a Winchester no trap stock without a cartouche you can still tell the difference between a WRA RS and WRA WB by the trigger guard recess and the pistol grip profile. The WRA RS is like the SA SPG no trap with two equal size holes in the butt. main difference is the angle in the barrel channel. The first short lived WRA WB stock had the double box cartouche than the WRA WB cartouche like your stock. The last WRA WB stock was factory machined for the trapdoor buttplate and this last variation is not common to find. Here are some photos of the last variation with trapdoor buttplate Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010048_0034.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	35904 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010047_0033.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	35905 Last photo shows rebuild/modified WRA WB stocks with one original WRA WB Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010011_0009.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	35906
              Awesome mate thank you!😃

Can't wait to get it (proobabblyy a few years)

Scott

Comment

So...I finally picked this up today! I will post more photos soon!

Scott

Comment

What a score man! Big congrats.
                  m14brian

Comment

Originally posted by m14brian View Post
                    What a score man! Big congrats.
                    m14brian
                    Thank you mate...the story gets even better!

Will post a thread today!😉

Scott

Comment

Working...
                    X