Very difficult Winchester parts to locate for early 1941 period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very difficult Winchester parts to locate for early 1941 period

These parts may still be around but very difficult to find plus they have been faked too Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010028_0028.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	35589 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010029_0029.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	35590 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010027_0027.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	35591

I managed to pick up a WRA grooved Lower band from a gentleman selling it on CMP as an SA one.

I also picked up a WRA Numbered Gas Cylinder on the CMP Forum recently!😃

On December I purchased a WRA no Trap buttplate and it arrived a few weeks ago! Beauty! It also camme with a milled Ferrule, Single Slot Gas Cylinder Screw, Sling Swivel and Flush Nut Rear Sights with Both knobs, short Pinion, flush Nut, Spring, Detent and screw.

Scott

Comment

Scott, what Winchester serial number range are you working on ?

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
        Scott, what Winchester serial number range are you working on ?
        Im actually working on an 'early educational' and another one: Win 13.

As usual I'm buying the parts first, then I maybe lucky enough to find a rifle with appropriate serial range.

I worked this way with my Winchester (just needed WRA parts for this and ended up with a Late 1943 one. Also worked this way with my Gas Trap and currently doing this with my 1940. Just need to secure the rifle.

Scott

Comment

Scott, here is the 0 ma Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010039_0027_1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	35635 rked early en bloc that I was talking about somewhere else, got this from Scott Duff back in the 90's

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
            Scott, here is the 0 ma Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010039_0027_1.jpg Views:	14 Size:	77.6 KB ID:	35635 rked early en bloc that I was talking about somewhere else, got this from Scott Duff back in the 90's
            Very cool mate! Up until recently most people believed that the 0 and 1 was WRA, however you'll note that the 0 and 1 on the clips is the same font as the O op Rod made by SA.

Scott

Comment

• RCS
              RCS commented
              Editing a comment
              I trust Brad Pederson's information concerning these early clips.

Also there is some much detailed information about Winchester serial numbers, yet nothing listing the first 500 Winchester rifles by serial number

What was Mr Pederson's info mate?

Scott

Comment

Mr Pederson is an advanced collector of Educational Order Winchesters and has done quite alot of research in this area. One of the collectors that organized the facebook club found a clip that had extra holes located in the middle section and thought it might be a Winchester clip. This was done on the cmp forum and I posted it was a WW2 clip modification for use in cleaning the rifle. The discussion went to the number 0 and number 1 clips. Mr Pederson wrote a lengthy post about this subject that was posted on the cmp forum.

It is my understanding that when Winchester started production on the en bloc clips there was an error and the clips had problems because of the wrong location of the notches and had to be re-cut. These re-cut Winchester clips were used for in-house testing and would be quite rare to find with provided documentation

Comment

https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=276695

I can tell you definitively Winchester didn’t make the 0 and 1 piecemarked cartridge clip.

RCS been around this hobby longer than some people have been alive. The disrespect on that thread was inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Pederson View Post
                  https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=276695

I can tell you definitively Winchester didn’t make the 0 and 1 piecemarked cartridge clip.

RCS been around this hobby longer than some people have been alive. The disrespect on that thread was inappropriate.
                  Sorry mate, my apologies, I am also of the opinion that Winchester did not make 0 or 1.

Will give the thread a read now.

Pleasure to make your virtual acquaintance Mr P🙂

Scott

Comment

Working...
                  X