• Show
Clear All

They're smoking crack

https://www.legacy-collectibles.com/...it-serial.html

awful lot of money for a parts gun
    whatever

There's two groups that divide the Garand community:
    Collectors and shooters.
    Collectors try to build and maintain certain configurations of the rifle, often with no intention to ever use what they buy and/or build.
    Shooters actually shoot and use their rifles on targets, hunting and in competition.
    I'm primarily a shooter, but am coming to accept that collectors have a purpose in preserving the history of the rifle.
    Users maintain the knowledge base in the rifles virtues as a combat and utility arm.
    The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
    The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

• RCS
      RCS commented
      Editing a comment
      most collectors that I know have both "shooter rifles" and collector rifles

I guess if there is no rush to sell, start high and see what happens.

Comment

somebody will buy it, looks like a CMP auction receiver ? it is not a collectors rifle

Comment

Exactly. And way too much for a shooter.

Comment

That's A LOT of cash. Of course I agree with the OP, it seems like too many things are going this way and lots of people need to put down the crack pipe.
          m14brian

Comment

Somebody bought it??? Even the receiver has been parked a few times. What a mixer and way overpriced!!

Comment

It was a consignment gun. I think it got pulled. There's no way in the world that somebody would be that dumb to pay 10 K for just a receiver. I have a hard time wrapping my brain around that. But then again, there are people who get too anxious when they see something and do not do their research and Pull the Pin. Then they get burned

Comment

Working...
              X