front handguard spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front handguard spacer

Front handguard spacers were without the notches during most of the gas trap production except at the very end. The late
    gas trap spacers could also have the notches like the gas port spacer. Very early spacers had drawing numbers.

Both original and quality repros are difficult to find

Is that no-notch one original? If so it appears to be in outstanding condition!!
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

There were some very nicely done reproductions around. I don't know if they are still available. It, and the barrel are the only two repro parts on my gas trap.

Comment

The gas trap era hand guard spacer is fake, these were made-up in different areas during the late 1980's -early 90's. Some are a little thicker than original while others are perfect and indistinguishable
        from originals with the passage of time. You can bet there are some "original" gas trap rifles around with these spacers installed.

Comment

The ones I've seen that were known fakes were terrible and easily spotted. The good fakers out there worry me, a lot.

Comment

The one that I have is very good. It doesn't look at all different from a notched spacer. I doubt that any but the people most familiar with original guns would be able to spot it.

Comment

Comment

That's a gem right there, Brad.....very nice!!

Comment

What the devil from Jersey said! I've never seen one before. Good for you!

Comment

Did the early transitional spacer with the notch have holes or was it without holes?

Comment

Working...
                    X