Winchester Educational Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winchester Educational Parts

Hello guys, can anyone give me some info on Markings or lack of Markings for an Educational Winchester M1 Garand?

I'm looking for info on Markings for:

Rear Sight Cover
    Rear Sight Base
    Clip Latch
    Operating Rod Catch
    Operating Rod Fork
    Operating Rod
    What kind of Spring set to use - Compensating or standard round
    Gas Cylinder Lock
    Gas Cylinder Screw
    Hammer
    Trigger Guard
    Trigger Housing

Many thanks!

Scott
    Last edited by Arnhem44mad; 03-09-2022, 09:45 PM.

Scott, It would be important to know the serial number of the Winchester you intend to restore. Early Winchester parts are more difficult to find than early Springfield parts, furthermore, the identification as to serial number/time period of many of these parts is still unknown. Example: bullet guides on the very early Winchester Educational Order and beyond that range show variations such as s/n 100,180 that surfaced a few years ago. The bullet guide was marked B8875-0, there are other variations of the markings on bullet guide too. The early safety without the W.R.A. stamp, how long did it last in production ? Also the logo on these early receivers are stamped very lightly and wear down - some have them engraved to enhance the markings. Alot depends on what you can find on receivers Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn1659.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	699.7 KB
ID:	34605 Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn0094_0016.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	34606 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010062_0052.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	34607

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
      Scott, It would be important to know the serial number of the Winchester you intend to restore. Early Winchester parts are more difficult to find than early Springfield parts, furthermore, the identification as to serial number/time period of many of these parts is still unknown. Example: bullet guides on the very early Winchester Educational Order and beyond that range show variations such as s/n 100,180 that surfaced a few years ago. The bullet guide was marked B8875-0, there are other variations of the markings on bullet guide too. The early safety without the W.R.A. stamp, how long did it last in production ? Also the logo on these early receivers are stamped very lightly and wear down - some have them engraved to enhance the markings. Alot depends on what you can find on receivers Click image for larger version  Name:	dscn1659.jpg Views:	12 Size:	699.7 KB ID:	34605 Click image for larger version  Name:	dscn0094_0016.jpg Views:	12 Size:	3.09 MB ID:	34606 Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010062_0052.jpg Views:	12 Size:	147.1 KB ID:	34607
      Hi mate, I do not actually have a serial in mind. I have a few Winchester rifles lined up but I believe they are 1942 and 2x 1943s. I already have a 1943 so may make one of these 43s into my replica educational project as I doubt I will be able to find a legit receiver...however I said the same about my Gas Trap and we all know where that ended up: IN THE GCA😜

So far I have managed to find (All WRA):

Flush Nut sights with checkered knobs
      Rear Sight Base (maybe)
      No Trap buttplate and Screws
      Uncut Operating Rod
      CM Marked Milled Follower Rod
      Sling Swivel
      Stock Ferrule
      Grooved Lower Band and Rear Handguard Clip
      Top Hat Follower - Various
      B8875 Bullet Guide
      Early Beveled Follower Arm
      Modified RS Stock
      Single Slot Gas Screw
      Numbered WRA Cylinder
      Front Sight and Seal
      GC Lock

Thanks!

Scott
      Last edited by Arnhem44mad; 03-10-2022, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X