a few early clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few early clips

Some photos of a few early clips, alot of opinions on the blank face clip, but little documentation Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn3881.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	33724 Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn3882.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	33725 Click image for larger version

Name:	dscn3883.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	33726

My theory as to why the blank enblocs are SA is that they were made in-house so why identify them. The production of garands were low for the first couple of years so Springfield could keep up with the enbloc demand. When the production of garands dramatically increased, so did the demand for enblocs. Springfield could not keep up with the demand for enblocs so they were sub-contracted out. Now the enblocs had to be identified as to who made them, including SA. That's my 2 cents worth.
    Looking for SA bayonets 922033 & 1045220

Comment

Check Mr Pedersen's posting on the CMP website concerning early Springfield and Winchester en bloc manufacture, it is very detailed !

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
        Check Mr Pedersen's posting on the CMP website concerning early Springfield and Winchester en bloc manufacture, it is very detailed !
        I can't find that info. Can you please post a link.

Comment

On the cmp forum under the "ask each other" forum is a long posting about the eary clips by Brad Pedersen, very informative

Comment

This is the thread mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by LavaTech View Post
              Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
              X