8-40 garand sn#61474, 8-40 barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8-40 garand sn#61474, 8-40 barrel

First post! Just put in a deposit for this August 1940 garand. Set me back $2500. It has a te rebuild marked receiver with a bunch of early parts most of them correct. I took these pictures while I was at the store. What sold me on the rifle was the barrel and early parts. Most definitely was someone's attempt to build a correct 1940 garand. I didn't check the throat to see if it's parkerised or not. The receiver is an August build date so it's likely the barrel is original to the rifle. What do you guys think? I'm going to try to finish correcting this one starting with flush sights and a bolt. Anyone have any suggestions. I have more pictures but I can only upload.

I hope you have DEEP pockets! Just kidding, welcome. Look around for Pyle book. will show you the early parts. See you tomorrow. LOL
    Last edited by 1563621; 01-24-2022, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I had s/n 61981 also with a S-A 8-40 barrel, sold it to a guy in AZ who I knew a long time. It was his birth month and year. Much later I found 61981 in Mac's records at Anniston, it had a S-A 11-40 on it when Mac found it. What kind of stock do you have ? Should have about the same parts as I suggested to Brian on his 79K restoration

I had the extra narrow rib on the inside left side

Comment

• Jorge1126
        Jorge1126 commented
        Editing a comment
        Unfortunately it has an sa gaw stock. I wish I could post more than 5 pictures but things I know that aren't correct are the bolt, follower arm, stock, rear handguard clip and the rear sight (type 2 with a flush sight checkered elevation). Il definitely dig into it more once it's home.

• Arnhem44mad
        Arnhem44mad commented
        Editing a comment
        You can post 5 photos for each comment etc.

Just do say 3 comments with 5 pics in each.

Scott
    Working...
    X