Picked up 42 SA with early parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up 42 SA with early parts.

Snagged this one off CMP forum, load of early parts. 1100 shipped. https://imgur.com/a/5DwSrbS

Single slot, grooved clip, #3 oprod, short fork, early TG parts, 42 barrel match to receiver, scooped out clip latch on stock. WRA early housing. https://imgur.com/a/SJokII0

Comment

Very nice, congrats!

Comment

Great pick up, Dave!
        That hammer is a gem. Note the hand stamped -1 (no serifs)? Uncommon for sure.
        Tell us more about it. Was it a restoration or put together project rifle, or did it come from the CMP that way?
        Details please!
        Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Nice find!

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey Devil View Post
            Great pick up, Dave!
            That hammer is a gem. Note the hand stamped -1 (no serifs)? Uncommon for sure.
            Tell us more about it. Was it a restoration or put together project rifle, or did it come from the CMP that way?
            Details please!
            CMP forum member put it up for sale. Minimum pics, saw single slot and grooved HG clip/ Curved oprod, never saw take down pics. saw 42 barrel marking. price was 1200 shipped, I offered 1100 and seller posted sold! Took it apart and saw the TG parts and uncut #3 op with short fork and realized I did pretty good. Barrel gauges high, but it is not a shooter for me. Stock was sanded at some time, but I think is very early also.
            I think this rifle was together along time. Came out of someones closet, not cMP.

Comment

Originally posted by 1563621 View Post

CMP forum member put it up for sale. Minimum pics, saw single slot and grooved HG clip/ Curved oprod, never saw take down pics. saw 42 barrel marking. price was 1200 shipped, I offered 1100 and seller posted sold! Took it apart and saw the TG parts and uncut #3 op with short fork and realized I did pretty good. Barrel gauges high, but it is not a shooter for me. Stock was sanded at some time, but I think is very early also.
              I think this rifle was together along time. Came out of someones closet, not cMP.
              Well that's a damn nice find!
              Please keep me in mind if you ever decide to move it along.....I'm just down the road from you, as you know!!
              Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

I know, I think we did a transfer years ago at walmart?

Comment

Working...
                X