S-A-8-40 barrel with London proof marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S-A-8-40 barrel with London proof marks

I am certain that this was posted before, what I have is a 52K receiver and S-A 8-40 barrel with the London proof stamps, this is not a Lend Lease rifle. Some years ago I bought this barreled action (plus some internal parts) from a well known dealer who has since moved to the west coast area. The barrel is in excellent plus condition with a TE of 1.0, like a new barrel. I did contact the GCA as I was looking for any data on early barrels with British proof stamps. A friend at GCA sent me a data sheet on a direct conversion s/n 7860 which also had a S-A 8-40 dated barrel with London proof stamps just like mine. This rifle also had a number of early parts including a uncut bottom marked revision 0 op rod, early flush nut rear assembly, early trigger housing too. The springs were changed and the stock was SA EMcF. A note on the data sheet states this was sent home from England without a stock which was added in the states.

Photos show my rifle Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010023_1_0019_019.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	31705 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010018_0014.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	31706

If only they could talk!!

Scott

Comment

I think this rifle was stored overseas and at some point in time was sent back to the US. You just don.t find a S-A 8-40 barrel with a TE of 1,0. Also believe the stock was removed too when sent back.

Comment

Working...
      X