Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas trap cylinder on ebay

will attempt to post a link - unable to post link

It looks to me like an un-numbered type 2 gas cylinder that has been re-worked to resemble the early type 1 gas cylinder. The letter and drawing number and not uniform, the band for the bayonet stud goes all the way around the body, Type 1 did not go around the body. The flutes appear to have been cut after and not the same as the type 1 flutes are rounded on the bottom. The price is up to 3K now and for something that has been reworked to resemble the type 1 cylinder - that is alot of money to spend. I doubt the seller even knows ? photos on milsurps.com M1 garand forum
    Last edited by RCS; 08-31-2021, 02:53 PM.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16504340885...EAAOSw9khhK~5x

Comment

Now there some thought that this gas trap cylinder may be original and not reworked

Comment

Same item appears on gunbroker…

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/909627673

and there’s a post on Facebook also.

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
          Now there some thought that this gas trap cylinder may be original and not reworked
          Robert, can you elaborate on this?

Comment

Pretty risky running two auctions at the same time for the same part. He would've been up shit creek if two people hit buy it now on that item. He definitely would've been in trouble with one of the websites.
            i've been circling eBay and gun broker for gas trap parts for a while. I have been doing it for the last month. And look what happens. The part that I need goes up for sale. That's the second time that's happened to me. The other time was at the SOS show. I was talking to a guy on it -0 oprod. There was somebody standing next to me when I was talking to him. Only three of us knew about the op rod. He didn't bring it to the show. I told him I would get in touch with him after the show when he was home. So when he got back home the other guy standing next to me snatched it from me. That was a real douche bag move and that guy standing next to me.
            Opportunities missed.
            Last edited by GUNHEEP; 09-09-2021, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X