early SA follower arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

early SA follower arm

I was fortunate to find a SA unmarked beveled follower arm from a good friend, these are very difficult to locate and the angle is different from the Winchester types. This is the last Springfield beveled follower used. This follower arm is in my 41K rifle and need another for my 42K

Photos show the numbered single bevel and un-numbered single bevel SA follower arms Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3722.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	30796 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3723.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	30797

Awesome mate!

Scott

Comment

That is really interesting. I didn't realize that SA produced a unmarked beveled follower arm. Thank you for sharing that. Gives me something else to look for in this hobby. Kevin

Comment

original data sheets (GCA Journal from last few years) show unmarked beveled follower arm in 30K gas trap rifles

Still not certain about 41K but would guess unmarked beveled follower arm

Comment

I actually have one of these myself and have it on my March 41 SA. I had originally found a flat Back Follower arm for it but was informed that the single bevel SA follower Arm would have been more likely.

The flat Back is on hand to br used in my Post Gas Trap/Early Gas Port build.

Scott

Comment

Scott, The single bevel Springfield follower arm only lasted until the early 40K serial range at best -

part of the problem started years ago when Duff published his data sheets, he showed the single bevel follower arm up to sn 289048.

Duff changed the data on Mr Peppers s/n 56745 as it had a flat back, likewise on 79115. furthermore, collectors never found or knew the
            correct single bevel follower arm to use and used the common Winchester follower arms on their restorations

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
              Scott, The single bevel Springfield follower arm only lasted until the early 40K serial range at best -

part of the problem started years ago when Duff published his data sheets, he showed the single bevel follower arm up to sn 289048.

Duff changed the data on Mr Peppers s/n 56745 as it had a flat back, likewise on 79115. furthermore, collectors never found or knew the
              correct single bevel follower arm to use and used the common Winchester follower arms on their restorations
              Thank you mate. Amy idea which follower arm serial 200442 should have?

Scott

Comment

Also so does this mean in chronological order earliest at top:

Numbered
                Single Bevel
                Flat Back
                With Forge Numbers

Many thanks.

Scott

Comment

chronological order (Using Paul's new M1 rifle data sheet)

1) double bevel 2) single bevel 3) small shelf (use to call double flatback) 4) flatback 5) no bevel

Comment

chronological order (Using Paul's new M1 rifle data sheet)

1) double bevel 2) single bevel 3) small shelf (use to call double flatback) 4) flatback 5) no bevel
                    Thank you, would you happen to have pics of a small shelf?

Scott

Comment

I call them double back follower arms, its on the right in first picture, in the middle in other pictures

Last edited by Orlando; 08-21-2021, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Spot on mate thank you! I'll need to check high I have. I'm sure it's the one on left.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                        X