Thanksgiving get together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanksgiving get together

The girls got together for the holidays.....

Looks nice, and the older gas trap type. Are those original or corrected?
    The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
    The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Ratworx Kits with as many correct parts I could round up. I have a weak spot for the earlier rifles. Very expensive undertaking, but hey, what a ride.

Comment

Impressive!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moorem1s View Post
          Ratworx Kits with as many correct parts I could round up. I have a weak spot for the earlier rifles. Very expensive undertaking, but hey, what a ride.
          i wish I would have assembled one of these when the kits were available. Thanks for posting

Comment

Nice when all of the family can be together...especially if they play nice...

Comment

The Ratworx kits are excellent and provides the shooter with an identical copy of the original gas trap system. Billy Pyle hosted "gas trap matches" once a year in Texas using original rifles with both the firing pins and springs replaced with later parts, they fired LC 69 M2 ball in their gas trap rifles.

I can almost always spot the new Ratworx gas cylinders because they look perfect, sharp edges and polished smooth finish, better than the originals in my photos Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3314.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	26638 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3315.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	26639 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010024_0020_020.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	26640

Comment

I’m definitely more fond of the patina on your rifles Robert. I like the way mine look after a blast or two of sight black at the range. These ladies not only look nice, but they can hold the 9/10 ring fairly well. They ask me every year to visit some CMP travel games and the National Matches and, of course, I cannot turn them down. I’ve been real impressed with the shooter keystone springs Paul has come up with. I am a US Marine and have fired many weapon systems, but these are ,without a doubt, my favorite to shoot.

Comment

I have some of Paul's keystone springs too, for years all the repro keystones were junk starting with Joe Sturdy's spring in the early 90's and the Giacobbe springs etc. Nice to look at but would not cycle.
                  Paul's springs are the best around.

I have four rifles with original full length keystone springs, three Springfield and a Winchester.

I have one original USMC rifle, a SA 1903 s/n 1031506 with Sedgley 9-41 dated barrel in exc condition.

Also have a SA M1903 s/n 606103 with RIA 5-18 barrel as a post WW1 USMC restoration rebuild, being a possible Belleau Wood serial number

Comment

43457 with two of her younger siblings.

Comment

Beautiful trio!
                      m14brian

Comment

I will add some additional photos of early rifles. i started the restoration of a 12K many years ago when cylinders were cheap and gas trap barrels still could be found with some searching and good luck. I did locate an early gas trap barrel marked D28286 but lost it. the springs on this 12K are from Paul and the front sight from Sturdy in Utah. This rifle has the early fluted cylinder in my photo Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3502.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	3.04 MB
ID:	26732 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3505.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	26733 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3506.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	26734 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3503.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	26735

Comment

The thing that sticks out to me the most Robert is the thickness difference on the middle front end at the bayonet ring. The days of hand crafted parts I miss. Great pictures.

Comment

Scott, You have a good eye for details, the cylinder in the bottom photo was polished/buffed down as the drawing numbers are not as deep either. This gas cylinder came from an original gas trap rifle serial number 42684 D 28291-1 REP 6 and the gas trap barrel D-28286 C-I-B-2 that was sold to my late friend Irl Otte. Mr Otte sold this rifle after some restoration and it has been sold a few times.

The original owner also removed the ea Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010057_0048.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	26740 rs from the front sight that I now own and have enclosed some photos of the sight Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010056_0043.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	26739

Comment

Working...
                            X