Small Ordnance Wheel SA/GHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Ordnance Wheel SA/GHS

What serial range did the small Ordnance Wheel start on SA/GHS stocks?
    Thanks,

As an educated guess.....I will say approximately 350k Serial range. Someone may have real data on this?

Comment

Appreciate the help. Thanks

Comment

This is difficult to pin down because most collectors use the Lend Lease data which others will point out is not correct. The reason being is that the stocks were removed when the Lend Lease stamps/proof were applied to the barrel and the correct stock was not always installed on the rifle it came off. I have data on Lend Lease s/n 329128 with a long channel #38 stamped inside and GHS cartouche with a small cannon. Would appear to me that it is too early. I have seen Nov and Dec Lend Lease rifles with the small crossed cannons.

Canfield's book states " 78K to 580K GHS large wheel and 550K to 700 K GHS small wheel which is not correct. The SA EMcF large wheel is found and others afterward

Duff does state the SA GHS large wheel lasted to March 1942. The collector who might know for certain is Ed Byrns who is sometime found on the cmp forum

Durango56, could you state the serial number range

Comment

Thanks Robert, serial is 365,xxx.

Comment

I would use a SA GHS long channel stock with the large crossed cannon stamp

Comment

Working...
            X