three digit serial numbered Winchester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

three digit serial numbered Winchester

There is a photo of a three digit Winchester on page 45 of the January 2020 issue of "The American Rifleman" from an article by Canfield on "The Mystique of Winchester M1s"

You would think that Canfield would use a better photo to represent an early Winchester M1 for the NRA article ?

Here is a better photo showing the receiver logo of the same rifle sn 100931 Click image for larger version

Name:	d0dca638-3bfe-420e-aab1-7e2c7bfaea23_0023.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	22578

Comment

Someday I'd love to add a nice 3-digit WRA receiver to my collection.
      Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

• Kn1
        Kn1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi I happen to have an Educational. 10044x. Have never opened it up . But complete. Not sure what they are going for ...

You might be better off to buy or trade into a nice restoration. Most receivers (E.O.) are in the 3K to 4K price range now plus the WRA RS no trap still has to be around 3K plus depending on cartouche. Then it also depends if your restoring a early E.O. or a late E.O. for parts which changed during this period.

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
        You might be better off to buy or trade into a nice restoration. Most receivers (E.O.) are in the 3K to 4K price range now plus the WRA RS no trap still has to be around 3K plus depending on cartouche. Then it also depends if your restoring a early E.O. or a late E.O. for parts which changed during this period.
        Good advice, thanks!!
        Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Working...
        X