Clear All

Receiver #971 on CMP auction

It has the 7th round modification.

https://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail...er-3-Digit-971

If we only knew its history.

Comment

Good looking receiver

Comment

For being made in December 1937 the receiver is in very nice condition. Notice how crisp the heel markings are and lack of pitting. I doubt it came from the Philippine's shipment.
        Last edited by RDS; 12-05-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I think the price is going to be very high ! I would like a nice three digit to make into a direct conversion (I have the parts)

Comment

Robert, what time frame would you do a direct conversation, barrel date, stock reworked or new?

Comment

Some twenty years ago James McCollum sent me data from rifles that he found interesting at Anniston. Mac spent thirty seven years at Anniston and collected a lot of data during this time. Some of this data concerned early conversions on three and four digit rifles. I remember s/n 5777 was listed with a S-A-7-40 barrel and Paul found it a few years ago, still with the same barrel but with a chromed gas port. Any 1940 or early 1941 would appear correct for a conversion.

here is a sample of the data from Mac:

s/n 256 S-A-7-40 bbl, s/n 604 S-A-9-40 bbl, s/n 711 S-A-8-40 bbl s/n 756 S-A-10-40 bbl

I would use a 1940 barrel and re-worked gas trap stock

Comment

Robert
                Thank you very much for sharing this info. Were the listed rifles modified for the 7th round stoppage?

Comment

Do not know if they had the seventh round correction, we know some got through without the modification. A lot of the early S-A-6-40 dated barrels were used (I just found s/n 175 with a S-A-6-40 barrel in Mac's data, you could bet that stock was not changed if done early. On another source, I found s/n 404 with a S-A-7-40 barrel and no trap stock

Comment

Bid is at $2005.00 with under 12 hours to go. Time is 1330.

Comment

Santa has deep pockets.

Comment

At $2100 now. That's a steal. I value this receiver at a minimum of $2500 even with the modification.
                        Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Wow !!!! Final price $4001.00

Comment

Working...
                          X