Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repro No Trap Butt Plates

How hard is it to find these?

I am still working on building an early Gas Trap serial with gas port barrel project.

I have all the early numbered parts which are all original. All I need to find is a numbered screw and repro no trap butt plate as originals are ridiculously expensive!

I am trying to find a repro no trap butt plate, does anyone have any leads? Are there different manufacturers of repro plates or is there just one maker?

Thank you!

Scott

Most of the repro solid butt plates do not fit like the originals. Original Springfield solid butt plates from the examples that I have measured are 2.75 inches from the bottom of the top screw hole to the top of the lower screw hole

Comment

Thank you for the info! Much appreciated!

Scott

Comment

I have five or six of these that I'd love to see either land at the bottom of the ocean or out of my beloved country. If interested, please let me know. They are frauds and are useless to me and my collection. Some even have numbers on the inside.
        Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

BMS,
          Have them melted down or cut in half so some scumbag doesn't get them try to pass them off as original to some new guy somewhere else.
          m14brian

Comment

I have an original if you are interested I will sell to you
            thank you
            andy

Comment

Hi everyone managed to get one thank you!

Scott
              Last edited by Arnhem44mad; 11-02-2019, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X