Just Landed !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Landed !!!

I love this hobby.........many, many, many thanks to the man whom sent me this incredible set of super rare, early parts!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	No_pad1.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	19819

Name:	No_pad2.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	19820

Name:	No_pad3.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	19821

Name:	No_pad4.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	19822
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Brian its an addictive hobby. Nice!

Comment

Got mine from "Mac" long time ago, used it in a four digit conversion. What rifle are you going to use ? Click image for larger version

Name:	2zz4xh2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	19826

Comment

RCS,
        Not sure yet. I have a handful of early receivers that would have had this housing originally. I'll pick one down the road and try my best to get it together. Very likely, almost definitely gonna be a direct conversion, too.

Thant's a beautiful one you have there!!

Comment

I have only found one trigger housing with the large pad modified to small pad and stamped to indicate this modification

Both Paul and I agree that the side marked revision 2 hammer is in the early 40K serial range Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010030_0027.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	19834Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010031_0028.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	19835

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

The -2 side-marked hammers fascinate me. Interesting that they were used in the low 40K range.

In referencing Mr. Pyle's book, serial number 31179 is reported to have a -1 hammer, while serial number 38493 is reported to have a -2 face-marked (aka top marked) hammer. Would late 30K and early 40K rifles have a mix of -2 hammers? Also, what about the -1 SA hammer? Where does that fall.....even tighter range??

Comment

Great finds to all that have the parts and shared them.

Comment

I have some data sheets on 1940 rifles and really difficult to find a hammer C46008 - 1 SA or with the SA added. I had an old data sheet on 42684 that showed a C46008-1SA hammer and another data sheet from a later time that showed a C46008-1 hammer.

Comment

Also Duff's WW2 book shows 34337 and 39446 both with C46008-1SA hammers

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
                      Also Duff's WW2 book shows 34337 and 39446 both with C46008-1SA hammers
                      Fascinating!! It's all over the place for a longer serial range than I would have thought. Lots of "potentially correct" options for the serious restorer.

Comment

Don't get too caught up in serial numbers as the time frame from 34k to 42k is 60 days or less (April to May) . Remember nothing was produced in serial number order and production was very low at this time.

Comment

Also. Parts were tossed in a bin and assembly workers putting certain assemblies together pulled parts from these bins. They didn't wait until they were out of parts before calling for more. New parts with new revision number were tossed onto old parts It could have been 5, 10, 20k rifle before the workers got down to the old , original parts. They surely didn't throw away old parts for new. Not unless there was a defect. It still goes on today. I have seen a lot of this at the various auto Plants I have worked in as an outside electrical contractor

Comment

Working...
                          X