X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Trap Gas Cylinder for Sale

I found this item for sale on Guns America
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/94951734...8289-1-Min.htm

Might be real, might be repro. Likely going to be more xpensive than I might want to believe.

It's real. Good looking cylinder. That one is correct for a mid 40k through end of gas trap production at 51k. Note the plug has no hole in it. Happy bidding.

Comment

Paul, my estimates: front sight $1500 to $2000, plug $1500 to $2000 gas cylinder $3400 to $4500

What do you think ?

Comment

You're all over it. Front sights and plugs average st 1500.00 each in nice condition. Cylinders range from 3500 to 4500 in nice condition. Condition and the type of cylinder , plug, and sight is everything. On average they've sold at 6000 to 6500 recently which is up from 5000 to 5500 from a few years ago. A type 1 cylinder assembly sold for a bit more recently also. These will fluctuate some but overall they have held their value and appreciated in value . Good quality shootable cylinders also seem to hold their value because of their quality and low production numbers and their possibility of use.

Comment

Currently sitting at $3K with our very own member GUNHEEP in the lead!!!
          Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

More than likely not for long. There is always somebody with deeper pockets. I will just keep waiting. Not giving up on finishing this one, no matter how long it takes

Comment

Sold for $3025. Just about at my level of pain.

Comment

Very nice score, Sir!!
                m14brian

Comment

Originally posted by Redleg View Post
                  Sold for $3025. Just about at my level of pain.
                  Did it sell? It was at $3000 with 3 bids and reserve not met when I watched it end.

Comment

That's how I seen it. Nobody's contacted me on payment. I didn't even know it ended. I put in my high bid, that was it and walked away. I used the cash to buy a feeder/delinker for my m134 minigun
                    Last edited by GUNHEEP; 05-15-2019, 06:04 AM.

Comment

It says SOLD with Gunheep as high bidder. If reserve wasn't met I would think it wouldn't say SOLD.

Comment

Trust me. I am not the winner and it didn't sell. There was a reserve on it of 6500.00. I contacted the seller and he claims this happened before. Must be a guns America thing ?
                        It would have been nice to get it for 3k. I may have been able to trade it for a type 1 cylinder? Oh well

Comment

I believe you. Just very misleading on GunBroker's part to show it as SOLD.

Comment

Guns America. Not Gunbroker. Honest mistake.

Comment

I tried to signup and bid, but GA software email verification system would not allow me to sign in me, even after I paid the $2.00 verification fee, and used the secret code that they sent me...I mean like 50 attempts.

Comment

Working...
                              X