Type 1 Gas Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type 1 Gas Cylinder

I'm very fortunate to have been able to add this Type 1 gas cylinder to my collection recently. The plug is a Type 3 and the front sight is a later variation with the flared wings. The stacking swivel is numbered. Many thanks to those that made this acquisition possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	T1_1.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	19393

Name:	T1_2.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	19394

Name:	T1_3.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	19395

Name:	T1_4.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	19396

Name:	T1_5.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	19397
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Brian, very neat. Do you have any other photos of numbered stacking swivels?

Comment

Originally posted by Pederson View Post
      Brian, very neat. Do you have any other photos of numbered stacking swivels?
      Hi Brad, thanks!!
      Check out this link: https://www.m1garandforum.com/forum/...tacking-swivel

I have two that are like that. They are said to have come off Blue Sky Import rifles. The area around the numbers is slightly raised, and there's not really any signs of laser engraving etc...

They are very different than known authentic examples, but who knows for sure. Some here say their likely fake. I really don't know to be honest.

Cheers!

Comment

Gas cylinder tease. Keep the sight and plug and sell me the rest

Comment

Originally posted by BMS View Post

Hi Brad, thanks!!
          Check out this link: https://www.m1garandforum.com/forum/...tacking-swivel

I have two that are like that. They are said to have come off Blue Sky Import rifles. The area around the numbers is slightly raised, and there's not really any signs of laser engraving etc...

They are very different than known authentic examples, but who knows for sure. Some here say their likely fake. I really don't know to be honest.

Cheers!
          I can’t tell you for 100% certain but the font vs. photos I have of real ones is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Pederson View Post

I can’t tell you for 100% certain but the font vs. photos I have of real ones is different.
            I appreciate that info very much, thank you!
            If they turn out to be fake then I'm throwing them in the ocean along with all the other fake crap that I've accumulated over the last few years!!

Comment

Here is a numbered stacking swivel that I got in the late 90's - is it fake or original ?
              Attached Files

Comment

There were a lot of fake gas trap front sights available since the late 80's. The first ones were from Joe Sturdy and looked good and machined from steel. Early gas cylinder with flutes in photo has one of these joe Sturdy sights Click image for larger version  Name:	P1010024_0020_020.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.8 KB ID:	19410
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RCS View Post
                  Here is a numbered stacking swivel that I got in the late 90's - is it fake or original ?
                  This one looks real to me. Confirm?

Comment

• RCS
                    RCS commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not 100% certain, but I think it could be original . The off-set drawing number to the left side does provide room
                    to add a -1, -2 or -3 to the drawing number. RCS
                    Last edited by RCS; 04-18-2019, 07:31 PM.

Do you a better picture of the front sights?

Comment

Working...
                  X