Attached Files

Comment

Another look...
      Attached Files

Comment

One last sneeky peek...
        Attached Files

Comment

The only thing I can think to say is, WOW!

Comment

Good find but some of the early stuff, ie. both type 1 rods and #'d handguard, are fake.

Comment

Thank you for your comments, but you are incorrect. All parts came from a long-time M1 Garand gas trap collector. A long time collector.
              take care

Comment

Look... Before anybody goes around the net, calling people's parts fake, they better have PROOF to back up their claim. i.e. Photos would be a real help to substantiate their claim. Not just somebody's word. This stuff is hard to find and keeping in touch over the years with people Who have been collecting for the last 40, 50 60, 70 years is how you can pick this stuff up. I highly doubt that somebody person(s) has gone out of their way, and took the time, to try to reproduce every gas trap part out there. It would be a waste of their time. I am sure some parts have been reproduced over the years, but this stuff is original.
                I also realize my picture taking is the greatest because I am using a phone that is way outdated. If somebody would like different pictures or more pictures, I will see what I can do.
                Take care πŸ˜€

Comment

Bubba is a long time collector and what I would call a expert of gas trap parts

Comment

That's fine if you want to call him that. Then so am I an expert. 40 years of collecting military, German, Japanese high and firearms. .
                    Show proof. Talks cheap. actions speak louder than words.
                    if he comes up with some proof? How do we know it is correct? Just because it in a book doesn't make it fact. Who's to say that the photos in the book don't have reproduction parts on them ?
                    if these parts of been reproduced along time ago, nobody will know for certain.
                    The point I'm trying to make is this. Nobody is 100% certain. Unless you go to a museum, and are lucky enough to be able to take one apart and photograph it, then you have proof.
                    take care πŸ˜€

Comment

Here are some photos of original follower rods that use the comp spring and keystone spring. These are from my collection, please study the serrations on these follower rods, the Winchester has one large serration while Springfield has an equal size of serrations.

These have been faked for quite awhile, back in the late 1980's the Springfield round body follower was used to fake the SA follower rod for the comp spring. Later the flat Winchester follower rods were cut-off and a round section attached to accept the comp & keystone, problem with Winchester and the round section is that the angle is different and they would jump-off the follower arm - but who cares once they were sold.

If you got any of these follower rods from NJ, kept in mind that NJ was a birthplace of fake M1 rifle parts

Comment

Old time collectors don't use books, its from handling many original rifles and learning from those before them. Have you seen the original Gas Trap in the latest GCA magazine? Guess who it belongs to.
                        Last edited by Orlando; 04-06-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Thank you RCS I will take a look at them tomorrow. The first picture is a little blurry. Could you repost that one? the second picture was sharp
                          nothing stood out to be re-welded. I do plenty of tig welding and machining when I repair/restore machine guns. So I know what to look for.
                          and no I did not get them from New Jersey. But that doesn't mean they could not have made their way out to where I purchased them, through Mail or pass through gun shows across the country.
                          take care πŸ˜€

Comment

Any photos of the stamps on the stock? Also, what about the butt, modified or not??

Those buttplates look good, but are they numbered on the inside???

Also, any numbers on the undersides of the follower assemblies????
                            Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Brian
                              Somebody messed up the large buthole a little. I am going to have my buddy take a look at it in the next week or so, when I can get over to his house. I hope he doesn't have to rebuild it.
                              The markings are faint. A little hard to get a good picture with my phone. Probally one of the reasons why all the discussion on the parts. I'm figuring the other is because of a mis-interpreted comment on another board and a little payback. It's all good.
                              The nice SA plate has a drawing number. The not-so-nice one does not and needs a little tweaking. I may sell that one? Not for certain yet.
                              The follower with the steep angle is marked 1. The others are not except for later production marked 12.
                              I have some Garand parts I am going to sell. Some pictured here and some are not. I will list here first for a week, for the mens to grab them. Then off to Gunbroker or eCrap
                              Send me a tracking number when you ship out
                              take careπŸ˜€

Comment

Working...
                              X