X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a shame.....

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail....ill-WRA-100897
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Really close to my serial number of 100931, too bad it is a welded. I did here there was a very low seril number (SA) also welded.

Comment

I have reactivated several drill rifles and it gave my a great deal of pride in bringing something Uncle Sam thought was destroyed back to life. M1s and 03s both. It depends on the extent of the weld. A dremel will work wonders if you have a steady hand and are careful. I find it shocking though that a DRILL rifle is already exceeded the $500 mark! I know CMP auctions tend to get bid high, but really?? That rifle should not cost anymore than $300. The ones I picked up were in the $200 range. Heck, at those prices, you are only $150 shy of getting a good field grade (a fully functional rifle). It makes no sense.

Comment

Technically, you are manufacturing a firearm, and if your exceed ATF limits, you are committing a felony. Check the ATF regulations.

Comment

Actually you're not manufacturing a firearm as you aren't making/machining the serial numbered part and the rifles weren't demilled so you're not reactivating a demilitarized weapon.

Comment

I may be wrong but as I understand even if you were manufacturing I don't believe there is a limit if for personal use. Limits are when manufacturing without a license for resale

Comment

Working...
            X