gas trap s/n 36428 on the RIA Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas trap s/n 36428 on the RIA Auction

Anyone have photos of serial number 36428 that is on the Rock Island Auction, of special interest would be the cartouche. This rifle was at Tulsa not long ago, internal parts are not known nor displayed. Thanks RCS

There is a picture of the cartouche in the auction.
    https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...trap-m1-garand
    It looks good to me. I'd be interested to hear if I'm wrong.
    Rifle sold for $54,625 including the buyer's premium. ($47,500 + 15% premium)
    Nice gun

Comment

Kevin
      Thank you for posting the link.

Comment

Kevin, thanks for your posting, the cartouche looks original to me. I did receive a complete data sheet on this rifle, everything but the barrel heat lot code.

Robert

Comment

• RCS
          RCS commented
          Editing a comment
          I did notice the unmarked operating rod which should have had a drawing number, also my data sheet shows that the ears on the front sight were ground off but the replacement really looks nice. Large over small hole stocks without a drawing number are very difficult to find,

31179 ( March 1940 ), 33776 ( March 1940 ) , & 34919 ( April 1940 ) also had an unmarked op rods. 36428 was also built in April 1940. 37800 ( April 1940 ) & 38493 ( May 1940 ) had D 35382-1-SA op rods. April 1940 seems to be the month the op rods changed, by the few original datasheets I have. Production was still low so mixed use varies for a few more months.

Comment

Working...
        X