WRA Checkered Elevation Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WRA Checkered Elevation Cap

Need second opinions on this checkered elevation cap.. The picture doesnt show the texture or color but to me it looks like a original finish WRA. I am not a expert on WRA's and I know there are reproductions out there. Whats you opinion, look OK?
    What are these going for these days?
    Thanks

Last edited by Orlando; 01-05-2018, 07:08 PM.

Looks good to me Bill. Those arrows are very thin and are the earliest. Nice are knobs, 300.00 each

Comment

Thank you Sir!!

Comment

Very nice indeed......I paid $250.00 for the last one I bought, which was maybe two years ago or so, and it has almost no finish on it at all.

Edit to add a link to an active auction on eBay for a similar cap:
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/M1-Garand-W...MAAOSwUchaSq6R
        Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

early ones do not have the extra line by the number, example the number 4 is without the extra line on the graduation drum. Also the BATTLE is smaller like the drawing number on the very early trigger guard. I did attempt to post a photo but trouble downloading

Comment

• Jersey Devil
            Jersey Devil commented
            Editing a comment
            You have trouble downloading your photos here because they're too large for this forum's software. I know this because I have to resize every photo that you've asked me to post here for you. It's a simple setting on your camera that can be adjusted. Photo-hosting sites, like Imgur, will automatically resize your photos for you. Let me know if I can assist you further with this issue.

• Bubba1
            Bubba1 commented
            Editing a comment
            You'll have to post pics of what you're talking about. I've looked through several knobs and all have a line on the drum by the 4 even ones with the smaller print battle and thinner arrows.

I purchased this WRA elevation cap / drum from Mr. Pyle a couple of years ago. It does have the lines by the yardage calibration numbers, but also has the smaller "Battle Range."
          Just for reference, Bill. Nice score on your cap! That's a keeper for sure!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0978.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	14212
          Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I 'm not up on this early stuff especially WRA

Comment

Bill great find. Could you post a picture to highlight what RCS indicated for early knobs. Also, this is just a question to answer Bill’s, do the grey beards think the finish is original? I think a few on the forum could use that part, you come up with some good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by CCyooper View Post
                , do the grey beards think the finish is original?
                No way to tell from that picture on the finish, it looks nothing like that in real life. Personally I do feel its original. I will try and get better pics and show the real color of the finish

Comment

Working...
                X