-3 Hammer Spring Plunger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-3 Hammer Spring Plunger

I was sorting through some parts tonight for my 1943 restoration and found this in a bag that I had stored away for a few years. Never even knew these existed until I saw a photo of one in an old copy of the GSR. Ever since I saw that photo, which came from Tony Giacobbe BTW, I've been hunting one. Hunt is over!

Does anyone have any info on these?
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Alright Brian, tell me about it, dont make me look through all my back issues

Comment

Well, I don't know a whole lot about them.
      The GSR just has a photo and a caption asking for information, I think.
      There's also a very brief mention of these in Mr. Pyle's "Gas Trap Garand" book, where he mentions that several original gas traps have had these -3 plungers found in their trigger groups.
      I'm going off memory there, so bear with me.

Can anyone provide any other information on these?

Comment

Nice find. Truly a neat part just like the B-8872-3 rear sight covers. I am unaware of any original rifles with either part found in them. Maybe one will surface and give some insight as to when they were used.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba1 View Post
          Nice find. Truly a neat part just like the B-8872-3 rear sight covers. I am unaware of any original rifles with either part found in them. Maybe one will surface and give some insight as to when they were used.
          Thanks for the info!
          Seems like a lot more research needs to be done on these, and the -3 RSC springs. I'd like to find one of those, too!

Comment

I used to use this pic as a quiz; What is the most difficult part in the pic?

Comment

I see a -3 plunger. ..... Nice

Comment

I found another one today!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2942.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	17967

Comment

I found a number 9 follower years ago. After another long period, I found two rifles with data sheets that listed the number 9 follower, they are 542256 and 533252. They could be a number 10 around too.

Comment

• Jersey Devil
                    Jersey Devil commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Awesome!! I think I still have a #9 follower assy. I'll have to look. I've never seen a #10, though!!
                Working...
                X