The "Last and First" from the Paul Goedde Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Last and First" from the Paul Goedde Collection

The following photos show one of the last "gas trap" rifles next to one of the first "gas port" rifles. Either rifle is quite a collectible piece of American martial arms history, but to have these two spectacular examples sitting side by side is just awesome. Pay special attention the barrel date of the gas port rifle. Perhaps more than four are known to exist now? One thing's for sure, this incredible 6-40 barrel sports its original finish with non-chromed pads......an ultra-super-rare find for sure!

Many thanks to Mr. Paul Goedde (aka Bubba) for allowing me to share these images with you via my forum. These images are not for use without the expressed permission of Mr. Paul Goedde.
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Incredible....don't see rifles like those very often. We are fortunate the advanced collectors are willing to share photos for the rest of us peons to see. Thanks for sharing, Bubba and JD!

Comment

Excellent!! And, I agree with Dave on the sharing.. I have to go fondle my GT now..

Comment

Thank you for sharing the splendid rifles. It would really be interesting to see the data sheets on those rifles. Regards, and thanks again.

Comment

Thanks for sharing with us these great rifles.

Comment

Did the serial numbers for the gas ports pick up where the gas traps left off? I don't know if there was a time period where both types were being manufactured. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Comment

Gas Traps and Gas Ports were both manufactured from approximately mid 40k to 51k. The first Gas port was 44k and the last gas trap was 51559.

Comment

very nice Paul

Comment

Wunderbar!

Comment

Working...
                  X