Gas Trap Parts Just Sold on Gunbroker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Trap Parts Just Sold on Gunbroker

A type one follower rod, a keystone spring, and a solid WRA buttplate (checkering has a border) just sold. Did they go to anyone here's project guns?

Is that parkerizing on the Winchester buttplate the original finish?
    Last edited by Dark Star; 02-27-2017, 09:44 AM.

The butt plate could be the early Springfield pattern with the wide border (Check the GCA Journal recent article on solid butt plates) Winchester did not use a drawing number inside. Difficult to say for sure without checking it

Comment

How about the parkerized finish on the buttplate? Should it be Du-Lite?

Comment

my photos show: left last SA solid butt plate, middle second to last with drawing number inside and far right like new Winchester DuLite

the two Springfield solid butt plates are have been on stocks for a long period and the color changes, SA did not use DuLite only Winchester

Comment

Originally posted by milgunsguy View Post
          A type one follower rod, a keystone spring, and a solid WRA buttplate (checkering has a border) just sold. Did they go to anyone here's project guns?

Is that parkerizing on the Winchester buttplate the original finish?
          I not guilty this time. I have not purchased any gas trap parts for the last 10 days. How much did they go for?

Comment

The third solid butt plate is Winchester with the Dulite finish, this butt plate is like new and I got it from Scott Duff around 1989

Comment

They sold for a small fortune. A bunch of bidders all jumped in at the last minute. Was quite a show. I never even placed a bid.....no money to spend on gun stuff right now. I can't roll with the big boys anyway.
              Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

I have a piece of a Keystone spring about 2 1/2 inches long. At those prices I wish I could sell it by the inch.

Comment

Keystone spring and type 1 follower rod: $1000 each; solid buttplate $800

what didn't sell was a buggered-up dash 1 hand-stamped operating rod with a base price of $500

Comment

You better double check the price on the keystone spring. My screen shows 1862.79. Wow!

Comment

I did not see the WRA butt plate the one I saw listed was an early SA with drawing number. I wanted the late round follower rod for the round spring but I just bought some other firearms and could not justify the purchase. Yes the long keystone went for the price listed by Moorem1s.. approx. 3K for both of them, what's a 100 at that price.... interested stuff...

Comment

Then there must be 2 keystone springs that sold. The one I'm looking at just closed at $995; the seller's name is "busyenuff".
                        Last edited by Dark Star; 02-28-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

That was the comp spring that sold for 995. The other "main " spring sold for 1862.79.
                          Check out what I found on GunBroker.com!
                          http://www.gunbroker.com/item/622930343
                          Check out what I found on GunBroker.com!
                          http://www.gunbroker.com/item/622254702
                          Last edited by Moorem1s; 02-28-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Like General McAuliffe told the Germans at Ardenne "Nuts"!

Comment

the collector who purchased the early SA butt plate has sent some photos to me. This is the first type of solid butt plate used into the early four digit serial number range. I have never seen one for sale

Comment

Working...
                              X