Gun shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun shows

I noticed that gun shows are starting to held again in Pa. Is this trend spreading across the country?

SW Ohio local shows have been running for several months as well as the Ohio Gun Collectors in Williamsburg, Ohio.

Comment

I think so, I went to one in San Bernaghetto in Jan and one in Costa Mesa last month. It's good to be out again!
      m14brian

Comment

• TJT
        TJT commented
        Editing a comment
        Costa Mesa gun show is a BIG joke any more. Haven't been in over 10 years and probably won't go again. Between all the beef jerkey and jewelry and other non-gun related junk, you could see the whole shebang in about 30 minutes time. And absolutely no such thing as a "deal" any more.
        Jon
        Last edited by TJT; 08-05-2021, 04:08 AM.

Forks of the Delaware will be at the Fairgrounds in July. Eagle Arms has tentatively scheduled their 3 day show at Oaks in June. A couple of weeks ago The Great Pocono Arms Military Show at Pocono Raceway was good.

Comment

TJT,
        Yeah, you are right for the most part. I go partly to hang out with PFC Thomas or meet up with other friends from the M14 forum. I do scour the usual 3 M14 parts vendors and they know me by first name so there's a deal occasionally. Sometimes I get a couple new gun related shirts or a few stickers but there is not much else. I can usually get through it in an hour.

The best show ever out here was the Pomona gun show which the city of L.A. shit canned in December of 1999, even though it was the 2nd highest $$$$ grossing event behind the L.A. county fair. I'm sure you remember it, there was nothing like it since. They might as well be called AR shows now, but I have a couple ARs so I look for a decent deal on spare parts when I go. Gun prices are a joke, ammo prices and availability are a big sick joke but it's OK once or twice a year.
        m14brian

Comment

• TJT
          TJT commented
          Editing a comment
          Indeed, the Pomona show was THE show. It preceeded Pomona as the Great Western Gun Show, Great Western exhibit center in L.A. off the 5 at Atlantic. That was a good show too.

I wasn't going to the Great Western shows back then, but I miss the '90s shows there was a lot of incredible stuff I ran across and killer deals. Never thought I'd say I missed the '90s lol, especially the very early '90s. Even ammo was cheap as hell, I shot off case after case of the .09/rd AK ammo and cheap as hell .45acp ammo.
        m14brian

Comment

In the NE Zone of Madness the situation got so repressive, with police presence, observation, control etc. I went only out of rebellion.
          The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
          The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Working...
          X