Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Forum Leader had Heart Surgery

Good afternoon all,

About a month ago, our fearless leader and boss Brian S. aka BMS had to undergo open heart valve surgery. The staff here knew at the time but I wanted to wait a little while after it was over to let the membership at large know what had happened. The delay was not to keep anyone in the dark, in fact the opposite is true since I am informing you all today with his permission, but I have been through that with another family member and I saw firsthand the impact of this surgery and how serious it was. Everyone's experience will be slightly different due to circumstances but I know it is hard to even regular things we take for granted every day, like getting up and down quickly and going from room to room, lifting and reaching, and life without heavy pain, and how much rest and recovery is needed after a big event. So I wanted to be a cushion in a way and give him several weeks to recover with as few interruptions as possible. He told me he has some emails and PMs he has to get back to and he will soon, but if it is possible I would like this thread to be the place where you all can give him well wishes, communications, and such. He is still recovering at home and is doing pretty well but I imagine he will still be out from work for a few weeks and gradually getting back to business and back in the routine. I know he is eager to get back on here and talk with everyone but still needs some more well deserved rest. So if I could please have everyone post up any messages here to keep his PMs from stacking up I would appreciate it. Thanks to everyone for their understanding, and if anyone has any questions or needs help please PM me. Have a great evening!

Brian B. (aka m14brian)
    Super Moderator

Glad he is doing well. In my prayers. Hopefully recovery will continue to progress well.

Comment

Prayers for a speedy recovery! God bless!

Comment

I'm glad you made it through the operation. Take your time to recover and don't push yourself too hard.

Comment

I wish you all the best and will pray for a speedy recovery!

Comment

Have a speedy recovery and take it easy

Robert

Comment

Sorry to hear, glad he's in recovery.
              The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
              The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Hope Brian recovers quickly. Thanks Brian, I think I am in. Johnny Lawson

Comment

How's the recovery going? I hope all's well!

Comment

Hey Friends,
                    Thank you very much for all the well wishes and prayers.
                    After eight weeks I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. I really appreciate the work and dedication that our forum staff has contributed to keeping this place going while I've been recovering.
                    I also appreciate all the members for generating new topics and discussions......there's tons of new content that I'll be reading through over the next few days/weeks.
                    Thanks again to all of you.
                    Cheers,
                    --Brian
                    Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

• olddog
                      olddog commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I glad you're doing well!

I'm glad to hear that you're finally feeling better Brian! It's still a bit of a road though and you will probably feel weak after working for a while, but that's normal. The key is to get rest and know your limitations for a little while. Take care Sir!
                    m14brian

Comment

• Jersey Devil
                      Jersey Devil commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Brian! I cannot convey how appreciative I am to you and the rest of our staff for watching over the forum and for all of the good vibes from our friends here.
                      Thanks so much to all of you!!
                      --Brian S.
                  Working...
                  X