CMP Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMP Forum

I am not sure I should post here, but the forum allowed it, and it is a post of a very general nature. Please move it to a more suitable location if need be.

A day or so ago, I completed a transaction on the CMP for Sale forum with Stoyan79 for one of the stocks he is selling. The transaction was quite fantastic, and I feel that Stoyan is one of the good guys.

I posted, or so I thought I had posted a free bump in his listing, commenting on how well the sale went, and that he was a great guy. Today, I did not find that posting, so I figured that I had made some kind of error and it did not post. I made another similar posting, checked that it posted and asked Stoyan if he saw it. He also did. I noticed that neither of us could find it after a short time. Evidently, it was removed by a moderator. Aparrently, it is ok to post "WTB" ads in the for sale area when there is a "WTB" board. I do not see the CMP removing or moving those. It also seems to be ok for the CMP to complain about having to moderate problems with transactions, then threaten to close the for sale/want to buy boards, but it is not ok to make a posting that directs registered members in the direction of honest sellers/members on the board. That is pretty pathetic, and I don't feel sorry if they are having to moderate transactions gone bad.

Danny
    Last edited by danny; 08-11-2015, 05:59 PM.

Hi Danny,
    Thanks for taking the time to stop by and post your experience.
    I went ahead and moved your post to the "Water Cooler" section since I feel that it will be better represented here.
    You're not alone in your frustration about the CMP Forum. I've had several people complain about the way things are there, and I'm sorry that you had a negative experience.
    That said, I still promote and support the CMP Forum and the CMP mission. They were never really in the business of having a discussion forum, but have had one for several years now more as a convenience and outlet for their supporters. I'd encourage you to not give up on them, and still support them. They do support a good cause, in the end, anyway!
    Thanks again, and know that you're ALWAYS welcome to post anything you'd like here.
    Cheers,
    --Brian
    Welcome to the Addiction!

Comment

Brian,
      Thanks for placing this in the proper location. Somehow, I did not see this subforum when browsing for a location.

Danny

Comment

Sounds like selective enforcement. We as mods must be fair to all involved.

I do not have any ties to the CMP, so I only promote THIS site but I would not bail if you are still getting more benefits from the site than not. Sorry to hear you had some bad experiences there.
        I encourage you to post up often here also!
        m14brian

Comment

I posted a comment on a nice rifle for sale.He removed my comment.???

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Poison View Post
            I posted a comment on a nice rifle for sale.He removed my comment.???
            It's what they do there.

Danny

Comment

Do they have any specific rule that states the for sale area is not a discussion area, or no rule? (just curious)
              m14brian

Comment

I was looking to leave feedback on a M1D I just purchased from there. I could not find anywhere to leave it.

Comment

Think of it this way. Me and a friend want to sell items. I post the item for sale. Short time later my friend says something nice about me or the item. This bumps my listing ahead of others. If we keep posting things other than "I'll take it" on our posts then we are getting unfair bumps to the top and pushing other guys down the list.

Think that's the heart of why they do it.

Also if you can post something nice about a seller on their item post then what is to stop someone from posting negative comments on your for sale listings and starting arguments back and forth.

I like keeping discussions out of the marketplace. Helps keep it simple and respectful. Discussions go in their respective place as well as seller feedback posts.

Comment

That's a potential gray area.
                    I don't automatically see a problem with someone saying a part or rifle is nice in a want to buy post. Sometimes it is a bump, sometimes somebody really wants it but just can't swing it and wants to compliment the seller. On my want to buy on another forum, the rule is the seller can bump every 72 hours, and you can bet I was on top of it every 3 days, my point being it is the seller's responsibility to bump it, then guys bumping a friend's post won't be unfair to the other seller if the other seller is doing it on time but not early because he would be at the top every 3 days.
                    As far as saying something negative about a seller or starting a fight, that is trolling and fighting and not permitted on this forum and won't be tolerated. I like to keep discussion out of the marketplace myself and would be addressed quickly if it got out of hand.
                    m14brian

Comment

Working...
                    X