I Finally Gave In.........iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Finally Gave In.........iPhone

For the past few years I've prided myself in the fact that "I'd NEVER get one of those fancy phones!"

"Never say never" has never been so true.....for today I'm expecting an iPhone SE to arrive. Ugh....... pk1>

Long story short......my good old, reliable, handy, compact, user-friendly, and best of all....CHEAP flip phone just isn't cutting it any longer.

Text messages are coming through blank (mostly because American society now tends to speak in stupid symbols like we did centuries ago and my "old" phone doesn't recognize the codes. Also, old reliable no longer connects to my blue tooth in the truck all the time because of some technical issue that is beyond my comprehension. Other technical glitches are happening seemingly all the time now, too.

A sad day for sure.....the end is near. Kill me now.
    Welcome to the Addiction!

I still have my flip phone and don't want a smartphone either. I worked on and repaired computers for 30 years so I am not afraid of the latest/greatest technology.
    The smartphones do a lot of cool things but it is just something I don't need. Also, the monthly expense is something I don't like too.
    Last edited by jak; 12-28-2016, 09:13 PM.

Comment

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! You should have bought an Android buddy.
      m14brian

Comment

(Just personal preference actually). I think I got a lemon iPod, and it soured me to all Apple products. I don't like Apple controls, I bought a Sony Walkman mp3 player, and it's drag and drop. I don't have to be forced to shop at the iTunes store or be logged into it. I buy a lot of music and if I want to go to google play or amazon, or anywhere else I can. Some apps, Apple censors them and decides whether they are "appropriate" or not. I don't dig that kind of action. The quality might be pretty good though, I hope it is.
        m14brian

Comment

Oh yes, the iPhone ... I've had one for a few years now. May need to employ a helmet ...

Comment

Working...
          X