Nra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nra

It s being reported the NRA has file for bankruptcy. Reportedly leaving New York and reincorporating in Texas.

NRA declares bankruptcy, plans to incorporate in Texas (apnews.com)

That's interesting. We need them but they have shot themselves in the foot in my opinion. I think it's a good idea to crush the shell of it in New York then reconstitute it in Texas, hopefully that will thwart the legal attack on it in New York. I agree that their spending on LaPierre and his wife from what has been reported has been a nightmare. They should fire him and start with someone new. I disagree with the article I posted that it would be worse than Heston's death. Heston didn't want to protect so called "assault rifles" anyway, I'm still not convinced LaPierre really wants to protect them with all he has, even though he said he opposes a ban. I think they need someone stronger, I wanted Col. Allen West. I admit, I let my membership lapse, I just don't feel they really want to protect my most scary rifles, the ones that need protecting from politicians...
    m14brian

Comment

I have been a member for about 26 or more years, am an Endowment Member but I quit donating some time ago. I got upset that they were wasting money sending me mailings wanting me to join when at the time I was a life member. But the kicker was as Brian says above when the stuff about LaPierre and his spending the association's money on himself came out, then when they kicked Col. North to the curb when he wanted to investigate the finances. I am really worried about the present climate and the other side has ALL the levers of power. I am not really interested in the "scary black rifles" but they are nice to shoot and are really versatile little rifles as you can get them in different calibers, hang all sorts of stuff on them, etc. Really accurate too. I still like the steel and wood of a Garand or M1A but nothing wrong with the AR platform, I want to throw things at the TV when I hear them referred to as "assault rifles or assault weapons". Too often the so-called gun people say things like you don't need ARs, etc. Just what the left wants, divide us. End of rant.

Comment

I was a NRA member for 1 year when I was in my 20's. I quit after one year. I got tired of the endless junk mail.

As for the AR platform...If the left bans them completely and the killings don't stop in chicago, new york, los angeles, etc, then they will move to ban another weapon,
        like hand guns. Everyone knows that AR's are not used in these killings but that doesn't stop the left's agenda.

The anti-gun movement is similar to the anti-smoking movement started in the 60's and 70's. You ban advertising and promotion of the product and constantly demonized it, keep placing restrictions on it and soon you will convince people it's evil and should be eliminated.

Comment

As long as LaPierre remains Executive Vice President for Life it will be a troubled organization. I have been a life member since 1983, stopped contributing to them in 1986 when they stabbed NFA owners in the back.

I asked once about resigning my membership and was told the only result would be that they would stop sending my monthly magazine, my name would still appear on their membership list as an active member as a method to keep their numbers up.

Comment

Whatever their issues are, the NRA has been a target of the left for a long time. If they actually succeed in destroying the NRA the left will be emboldened to go after other organizations. Don't kid yourselves, the left are determined to destroy EVERY group, organization and institution which is not on their side. We are at war.
            The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
            The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

I've been a Life-Endowment member for the better part of 40 years. If my dues weren't paid up for life, I'd probably no longer be a member. The NRA wrote Commiefornicatia off a l-o-n-g time ago. The LaPierre scandal is almost mirroring the Harlon Carter scandal of the late 70's/early 80's. The NRA suffers a fate we're all familiar with, "career politicians". No one should be in charge for 40 years. The association needs new blood at least once in a while. That being said, the NRA really is the only group that will ultimately be there for us.
              I have no interest in the black rifles myself, and I wouldn't lose any sleep if they were all gone EXCEPT for the fact that if Uncle Joe and Kamelatoe get their way, what's next? Our beloved M1's and M1A's? Then what? Bolt action repeaters? How long before they come for our single-shot front-stuffers?
              The SCOTUS has basically bailed on 2A cases as well. We'll pretty much be all on our own. There WILL be bloodshed before it's all over. It's gonna get real ugly real soon.
              May God help our country.
              Rant over.
              Jon
              Last edited by TJT; 04-17-2021, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Several years ago the enemy floated a trial balloon on banning "sniper rifles:, "no one should have the capability to shoot someone half a mile away". The beginning of the attack on scoped bolt-action hunting rifles. The enemy won't stop until they achieve total civilian disarmament.
                The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
                The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

I remember some dildo back in the late '80s floating a bill to ban camo uniforms for civilians. These wussies will never be satisfied until we're England or France.

The NRA needs to clean up it's act, get the confidence back, defend all gun rights. Do "no compromise" for real. We've had enough giving in. I support GOA and SAF more these days.
                  m14brian

Comment

Working...
                  X