Norma powders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norma powders?

Wondering if anyone has experimented with Norma powders?
    Some time ago I picked up a bunch of it. 201, 202, 203B and 204. So I have this 25lb supply on hand and am seriously considering using some of it in .308 and 30-06 loads.

I haven't used Norma propellants so far, but Norma makes good quality products. Do you have QuickLOAD on your computer?
    The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
    The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
      I haven't used Norma propellants so far, but Norma makes good quality products. Do you have QuickLOAD on your computer?
      I don't use quickload, but I have plenty of others.

Comment

Loading a couple hundred Berger 115 gr fb over 45 gn of N201 in RA 68 cases set off with 210M primers. This is part of my " test batch " of RA 68 cases I have been loading for a couple of years now. Over 10 loadings for the M14 and not a single neck crack, primer cup stretching or case separation. Undoubtedly, in my opinion, the best brass ever made for USGI 308 cases. Just sorry that for decades I trashed thousands after 4 loadings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	115 bergers and N201.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	32070

Comment

At least you kept some. I load for the 7.5 Swiss using .284 Win brass necked up. Every five loadings or so I anneal the necks. I've gotten over 30 uses with one batch of brasss.
          The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
          The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey View Post
            At least you kept some. I load for the 7.5 Swiss using .284 Win brass necked up. Every five loadings or so I anneal the necks. I've gotten over 30 uses with one batch of brasss.
            Awesome. Mine are annealed every couple of loadings.

Comment

Working...
            X