RCBS Matchmaster added to the bench.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCBS Matchmaster added to the bench.

Just finished setting up and calibrating my Matchmaster electronic powder measure. Looks like a keeper so far.
    Loaded 50 .223 cartridges with 25 gn of 8208 under Berger 55 Match varmint fb bullets primed with BR-4s. Using factory settings the unit was right on 25. gn most of the time with an occasional .02 over. Good enough for me. Hope to get out and shoot some in one of my .223 bolt rifles today. Whatta Hobby!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Matchmaster.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	29316

Is this better than the green chargemaster?
    m14brian

Comment

Depends on your intention. Better, not really, just more accurate and a little faster perhaps. The Chargemaster is accurate to within .1 gn where the Matchmaster is good to .04 or better.

Comment

It’s not a hobby, it’s an addiction. In the recents times, it has keep me from going bananas. Better half thinks otherwise. Nice setup. Don’t turn the xmitter on while reloading, the swr might get you. While in service, I served in several transmitter sites where the overhead lights would not turn off due to RF splatter. We were running 1 megawatt propaganda transmitters.

Comment

Since I retired, I have been enjoying loading and shooting on my home range more and more. I really haven't fired up the hf in some time. Top pwr here was just over 1K and it never interfered with lights. Since I went to LED for accuracy with electronic measures even lighting doesn't have a chance anymore.

Comment

Working...
          X