Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7145.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	28958 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7146.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	28959 Cold outside so it seemed like a good time to load some .450 Bushmaster for my Savage bolt project.

Had a chance to chrono this load today. 1850 fps at 12'. Holds a very clean .75 moa group at 100 yds off bipod using a 1.25 - 4 Leupold scope. I am sure it would be much better with a more powerful scope, but for a knock down the bad thing this will do just fine.
    Rifle is a pre accutrigger Savage 110 LA with a Rhineland 18" .450 bushmaster barrel that I recently installed.

Whatta Hobby!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Savage 2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	28979
    Last edited by NF1E; 04-03-2021, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Very nice, that new trigger might probably take a little off the group size as well if you're still going that direction.
      m14brian

Comment

If you thinking of the Jard trigger, it will be going in another Savage 110 LA I am working on in .223. Kind of fun digging out rifles that have been in storage in the back of a safe for over 30 years and bring them back to life.

Whatta Hobby!

Comment

Yeah I connected the wrong dots lol. It's good to have more than one project, but for me it just seems like I have broke ass shit! The only light at the end is they usually come out much better. I think the problem is I need more rifles again or more money.
          m14brian

Comment

No shortage of projects around here. Most of my rifles are a work in progress. Always seems to be just one more thing to improve on. Makes retirement interesting. Celebrated Easter with a couple of hours out on my range and of coarse prepping brass.

Comment

Working...
            X