Any Garand safe 30-06 loads with varget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Garand safe 30-06 loads with varget

Been reloading for years but not for the M1 Rifle. I’ve got 16lbs of varget for my 308s and would love if I could lod up some safe 150 loads with it in the 30-06

Accurate burn_rates.pdf
    Attached is one of the burn rate charts available on the internet. It shows Varget as being pretty close to H4895, so you should be able to come up with loads using it.
    The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
    The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Hornady’ s manual shows a starting load of 42.3 Varget on a 150 gr projectile with a FPS of 2400. Max load is 46.2. Hope this helps.

Comment

It does thank you. Ive found some other Garand shooters using 47grains within the pressure envelope as well. Now to find some brass LOL

Comment

Private message sent

Comment

THANK YOU jnw847

Comment

My pleasure, enjoy!

Comment

Suggest you get Quickload for reloading with a Garand. I ran the numbers for the standard M2 Ball ammo, then use it as a limit for loads using different bullets and propellants. With the program you get a curve of pressure all along the barrel, so you can work port pressure along with peak pressure. With slower, heavier bullets, I back off on the port pressure since there is slightly more time for the gas cylinder to pressurize.
                Last edited by Smokey; 04-09-2021, 07:28 AM.
                The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
                The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Working...
                X