Bullet prices have gone up just a bit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullet prices have gone up just a bit.

Bullet prices appear to have gone up just a bit over the years. Back when I hunted I used to use quite a few Sierra 180 gn Sptzer BT bullets for practice and actually venison harvesting. Only have a few left on the shelf and I noticed the marked price , when I bought them was $6.40. Just for the halibut I checked online to day for the same bullets, which are now $42.99 and out of stock/no backorder anywhere I checked. I don't hunt anymore so not a problem. Just thought it might be of interest to some.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hunting bullets.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	28246

I have a box of 90 bullets they are Winchester 308 dia 190 gr HP BT, for two weeks on different websites, reduced down to $28.00 including shipping - no interest. On 458 dia bullets also no interest Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3520.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	28253
    Attached Files

Comment

Almost makes you want to invest in swaging equipment, doesn't it? Bet their extruded component prices are coming up too. Haven't perused the Corbin pages in a while.

Comment

I think I am set for a couple of lifetimes.

Comment

When I started reloading in the early 70's, primers were 79 cents/100 and bullets and powder were around the $7-8 mark. How times have changed.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by TJT View Post
            When I started reloading in the early 70's, primers were 79 cents/100 and bullets and powder were around the $7-8 mark. How times have changed.
            Jon
            About that same time I smoked and cigarettes were $1.10 per carton.

Comment

Originally posted by NF1E View Post

About that same time I smoked and cigarettes were $1.10 per carton.
              Holy hell. They're nearly $100 a carton now for "good" stuff!
              m14brian

Comment

Working...
              X