Bringing out archived loading tools.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing out archived loading tools.

With the apparent and oncoming shortages of handgun ammo I thought it only prudent to bring out some gear that I haven't used since the last century in preparation.

First photo is my Lyman hand loader for 38/357. Second photo from left to right Wells 9mm set of dies, Lee 9mm and Lee 38/357 both of which work in conventional modern presses.
    Been so long I had forgotten about scooping powder according to " loading tables". Whatta Hobby!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pistol dies 1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	28156 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pistol dies 2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	28157

My first rifle loading real press. Bought this old rock chucker and the 7x62 Russian dies in about 1969. Press has loaded well over 100k cartridges of different calibers in that period of time. Just moved her into semi-retirement after 50+ years and put in a Forster Co-ax.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dies 4.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	28211 Click image for larger version

Name:	Dies 3.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	28212 Click image for larger version

Name:	dies 2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	28213

Comment

I did alot of reloading with the old hand tools while in high school. My neighbor (also same age) had his grandfathers Springfield 1873 carbine and we use a large tong tool to reload the 45-70 cartridges. There was a 405 gr mold on top plus a bullet sizer, you could de-prime and seat the new primer. Also seat the bullet in the cartridge case after loading black powder.

Later bought the Lyman tong tools for 38-40 and 38-55

Comment

Working...
      X