Varget in the stash almost gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Varget in the stash almost gone.

With my supply of Varget dwindling I am looking to use other powders that I have plenty of as substitutes for .308 precision with varying loads of coarse. I have on hand BL-C 2 my old favorite, RE-15, 4064, 4350, 4895 and 8208. Loading a few hundred today with Berger 150 gn FB target bullets in Lapua cases with 210M primers. Plan is to do a nundred with each powder. Started with the BL-C 2 and next will be the RE-15. Using an RCBS chargemaster that showed up on the scene yesterday. So far , I think , I like it better than my Lyman 1200 DPS 3 but time will tell. Whatta Hobby!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chargemaster 1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	26965 Click image for larger version

Name:	Chargemaster 2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	26966

I am hoping you see this request since this is a slightly older post. I am in the same boat since I got into reloading too late to stock up on supplies before the bottom fell out. I have about 10 lbs. of BL-C2 that I managed to get as things were drying up and I am looking for info on what load data to use for that powder in my 30-06 rounds for my 03-A3 and my Garands. I had found some old load data at one time for the BL-C2 in 30-06 but I absolutely cannot find it again.

Comment

Ya dun cum ta da rght plce. What boolit ya usin?

Comment

150 gr Hornady FMJBT and a 168 gr. Hornady FMJBT match. Mostly the 150's

Comment

I also want to start using 155 and 170 gr cast and gas checked bullets but I am not sure if the BL-C2 will work for that.

Comment

My buddy I was loading with has that Chargemaster, that thing is awesome.
            m14brian

Comment

Originally posted by Rickf1985 View Post
              I also want to start using 155 and 170 gr cast and gas checked bullets but I am not sure if the BL-C2 will work for that.
              NO reason it won't. It's always enjoyable researching and coming up with safe loads.

Comment

Originally posted by m14brian View Post
                My buddy I was loading with has that Chargemaster, that thing is awesome.
                m14brian
                Yes it is. And with the addition of a 5.7 x 28 case, with the base cut off, shoved into the drop tube, there is no run over whatsoever. Some like to use a McDonald's straw, but the brass case fits perfectly and works.

Comment

Well, My research has come up a bit short. More than a bit short I should say. I managed to find a couple loads from Hodgdon but the ones for the 150 gr. Are all for Nosler bullets. I guess I can use the NOS BT for data to compare to the Hornady FMJBT. That one is showing 49.0 to start and 54.0 max. The 168 gr. is for the exact Hornady HPBT I am using so that is good. That one is showing 46.0 to 51.0 gr.. And that is all I have been able to find. I could not find anything at all for BL-C2 with cast bullets.

Comment

Working...
                  X