• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prepping brass the the Fall loading.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6228.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	25446 Been working on a bunch of brass for the Fall loading season. .308 mostly Lapua, LC LR, and my favorite Germany berdan. Primed a few hundred DAG and MEN and ready to charge and seat a few bullets. Whatta Hobby!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Brass prep 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.7 KB ID:	25443Click image for larger version  Name:	brass prep 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	176.9 KB ID:	25444Click image for larger version  Name:	brass prep 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	247.7 KB ID:	25445

That brass looks pretty, I can't remember do you use stainless steel chunks or rods, or regular media?
    m14brian

Comment

I use pins. I have a 10lb bag of shards, but the pins are and have been is use and do a very nice job.

Comment

I know it's on the other forum somewhere, but would you mind posting your steps again numerically in order including annealing. I want to see if my friend who has invited me over to handload is missing anything. I don't need the how to, just the order of operations and if you tumble the brass twice, I would appreciate it Art!
        Thank you sir.
        m14brian

Comment

Depends on what I am loading but basically.

1. de-prime.
          2. wet tumble with ss pins , dawn and lemon brite to remove carbon and other contaminants. Run through the Hornady case dryer.
          3. lube and size
          4. wet tumble again to remove all lube. Run through the dryer again.
          5. trim
          6. anneal
          7. prime
          8. charge
          9. seat bullets.
          10. enjoy and then repeat.

Comment

Working...
          X