Stuck cases! $%#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck cases! $%#

Not a new reloader, but new to reloading rifle on a single stage press. In about 2000 rounds I have had about 10-12 cases get stuck in the die. I use the RCBS stuck case remover but Ive ruined a die and a bunch of decap pins. Im using both aerosol case lube and the wax. Im loading 30-06,,, what am I doing wrong?

Are you using small base resizing die? Is brass swollen at the base? Are you lubing the inside of neck?

Comment

Im using a full length sizing die..the brass is not swollen and I could probably use more lube on the inside.. anything else?

Comment

Did you try a different shell holder? Maybe the shell holder is out of spec and pulling thru the shell rims.

Comment

I've been using castor oil as a case lube. It seems to work better than all the specially formulated lubes.

Comment

Im using the correct size shell holder, but Ill try another.. Ive been lubing the cases more and havent had an issues.. Possibly need more lube.. How do you gauge how much lube to use?

Comment

Throw the aerosol lube in the trash. Use the wax. The LEE case lube works VERY well for the '06. Lube the neck-inside and out, and the body but try not to get any lube on the shoulder unless you like shoulder dents. They pop right out when fired--they just look ugly.
              Jon

Comment

Working...
              X