.30 Mauser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .30 Mauser

Anyone reload for the C96 Mauser in .30 Mauser. Looking for some info for some mild loads that will not stress my 100yr old C96. Not interested in using Bullseye powder.

I always use Unique powder with 86 gr, 93 gr and 100 gr half jacket (m1 carbine bullet) and never over 5 grs, most loads are 4,8 or 4,5 grains depending on bullet weight. lighter weight bullets are best and close to original. before reloading anything check springs or replace which is easy nowdays, check firing pin too. I have original Remington 30 Mauser brass and Midway brass. Be careful using cut down 223/5,56 brass as the extractor on your M96 must fit the extractor groove like originals - because if you break the extractor, it will be awhile before you find the correct one. The imports from China require more rebuilding. The Unique powder reloads also work well in the Astra 900 (not from China) too. I always wanted a Royal in nice condition but that is very difficult Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010041_0037_037.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	20715

Comment

Thank you Robert. My C96 is a commercial model made in 1915 in about 95%. It has no import marks and not stamped GERMANY. I will try the Unique loads as I have both 85 grain and 90 grain jacketed bullets. For brass I have Starline 30 Mauser.

Comment

Working...
      X