No announcement yet.

Changing the powder in short-cycling LC 68 M2-Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found two clips where the rounds on the end were LC 68. The others were a mix of 70, 72, 74 and 76. They all fired and ejected normally. I guess the short-cycling ammo (LC 68 and LC 72) had seen less than optimum storage before it was issued to me at a DCM event.
    The thief may possess something he stole, but he does not own it.
    The owner has a right to take his property back from the thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Orlando View Post
      Smoky. LC is known for being alittle on the light side. I suspect as your newly parkerized rifle gets worn in it will cycle fine
      Orlando, you seem to be correct. Now that the rifle has had a few hundred rounds through it it's cycling ALL of my surplus ammo with no short cycles or other malfunctions.
      It's also about 30 degrees colder than it was in early November. The rifle has been well greased and lubricated throughout.

Comment

Cold soaked rifle and a clip of LC68 between 0 and 10degF for several hours. Fired off the clip with no problems.

Comment

Thought I'd make the point that the rifle functioned properly right from the beginning with M2 "spec" ammo. It's been the wimpy old DCM stuff (2400fps) that caused problems.

Comment

Working...
          X