Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to find M1 Garand ammo

Hi everyone
    I just purchased an M1 Garand, I’ve found some websites for the enbloc clips which is good but I am having trouble finding M1 ammo. I have standard 30-06 ammo which I know will not work.

is there just a shortage of ammo all over or am I looking in the wrong places? Thanks a lot

Phil

Where are you located? I have plenty of M2 ball.

Comment

I’m in New York, near Yonkers

Comment

Sorry, I’m not shipping to New York.

Comment

Originally posted by Pad3006 View Post
          Hi everyone
          is there just a shortage of ammo all over or am I looking in the wrong places? Thanks a lot
          Try Gunbroker, yes it's very expensive but you can find some people that won't screw around and will ship to NY other than NYC, and I know Yonkers is like 30 minutes from NYC, I have had to do the same problem being in Commiefornia and there's no excuse, all they have to do is just ship the ammo to an FFL, the seller is done and we do the transfer from there. Hope that helps at least get you started.
          m14brian

Comment

Thanks a lot I will check it out

Comment

• dlenzi
              dlenzi commented
              Editing a comment
              I installed a self adjusting gas plug on my M1 and I can now shoot any of the commercial ammo available and have.

Hello,
            Can anyone tell me where I can get some M1Garand Enbloc Clips at a reasonable price? Best I've seen is $25.00 online for 8 and that seems high.
            Thanks for your help.

Comment

• dlenzi
              dlenzi commented
              Editing a comment
              Ebay, they are very cheap

Just scored from private seller three cans of late M-2 ball at a really great price. Is out there, you just have to dig for it.
            Attached Files

Comment

The only problem I have with it is when you open the cans, it smells just like the army. They must buy this that smell from someone. Twenty year retired vet here.

Comment

Beltfed, you interested in selling a can at a reasonable price?

Comment

Originally posted by Pad3006 View Post
                  Thanks a lot I will check it out
                  Yes Sir please check it out, ammo is not going to get cheaper and with the political climate now ammo will remain in shortage for quite a few years in my estimation, and what's out there will likely be shrinking as well, complicating the whole problem on top of the compounded problem of less ammo available to us in ban states already.

I just bought a case of 5.56 green tip for my AR on gunbroker yesterday. Yes, the price made me choke. but I have ammo coming and I found someone (an FFL) that will ship to my FFL in CA which is just as hard as NY, so don't give up. I went through a lot of sellers' posts and I came across one that said he would not ship to CA, NY, etc and he advises us to go talk to our politicians and straighten out our situation to be more favorable to where they can send it, or something like that. If I could choke that guy out through the internet I would have for being a jerk aZZhole lecturing us about "doing something" when me and many like me have been fighting these scumbag anti-gun politicians here for more than 30 years at the ballot box, mailbox, email box, on the phone, signing recall efforts, at town halls, membership in pro gun groups, etc when this guy knows better than to blame us but won't even lift a finger to do something to help us.
                  But right now there's some ammo available and a few people that will help us behind the lines.
                  m14brian

Comment

I found Enbloc clips at ammogarand.com for about $1.00 per clip depending on volume of purchase. Received them within 1 week from time of order. Great service!

Comment

Anyone having any luck finding Garand ammo?

Comment

On 3 Mar, I found some Privi Partizan 30-06 for Garand at SGAMMO.COM, for $1.50 per round. I got a little so I can shot my new rifle, but want to find some M2. Just hard to find on any ammo site. GB prices I have seen are outrageous.

Comment

• Mikehorst
                          Mikehorst commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The Prvi ammo is excellent. Before the pandemic/election/social unrest price increase, I shot it quite a lot. I am now reloading my own.
                          If you get a chance to buy more Prvi, you may want to do so. I am a gun dealer, and ammunition is very hard to come by. Good luck!

Originally posted by Buckman View Post
                        Anyone having any luck finding Garand ammo?
                        Depends on what caliber your "garand" is in.

30-06
                        6.5x55
                        7-08

Lots of ammo choices available...jut gotta hunt.

Comment

Working...
                        X