Getting Ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Ready

Folks ... M1 Ammo seems to be out everywhere. I've been away from Guns N Ammo for a year. WTF! Ammo was available before the turn of the year. Is everybody else seeing the same thing? I live on LI and I feel like I could use a couple thousand rounds or more in the near future ...

Supply and demand. Surplus ammo supplies are drying up. Cmp is still selling garands and new owners need ammo.
    Modern M1 garand ammo is a very small niche in the ammo world versus 5.56, 9mm, .380, 45.
    Cmp still has M2 ball ammo at about $0.92 a round.

You can also buy an adjustable gas plug and then use modern 30-06 ammo
    Last edited by jak; 08-14-2020, 11:17 AM.

Comment

If CMP still has M1 Ball
      ammo for sale, I cant find it

Comment

Originally posted by jak View Post
      Supply and demand. Surplus ammo supplies are drying up. Cmp is still selling garands and new owners need ammo.
      I believe it goes way deeper than that. I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the end of the world, but many guys choose the M1 as their SHTF/defense/survival rifle and some have stocked up. Ammo everywhere is out of stock and flying off the shelf. Just like Garanditis's concern and "getting ready" and thinking he might feel better if he had a few thousand rounds. The large scale buyup across the country is affecting most shooting gunowners. It's affecting us in commie states a lot worse than the average American because it's already harder to get, then factor in the mass buyup going on.
      My suggestion is to look at not normal sources for ammo, I'd check Gunbroker. I saw some loaded clips and ammo for sale, yes it was at steep prices but that is supply and demand. Try to PM some other known M1 guys and see if they will part with some. These days just being able to get ammo and components is a stroke of luck and a deal unfortunately. I'd say the gun show but no shows happening is hurting us.
      m14brian

Comment

Here's some I found looking for other ammo. It's M2 ball, there's 4 cases left, I'd get them all. No it's not cheap, but ammo right now seems to be 2x - 3x what normal price is and just being able to get it is lucky.
        m14brian

https://www.velocityammosales.com/pr...-100-round-can

Comment

Also on our own forum, this member has a little bit of .30-'06 ammo, I'm sure he would help you with what will work in the M1 if you don't know. I have bought from xjda68 before and he is a good seller, good items as described, buy with confidence.
          m14brian

https://www.m1garandforum.com/forums...sale#post25237

Comment

Another member selling.
            m14brian

https://www.m1garandforum.com/forums...ball#post25404

Comment

Working...
            X